Friday, November 28, 2008

i've been distracting myself from the constant pain
by surrounding myself with those who know me best
i told you i had given you all of my love
and that you had taken my entire heart
i still feel the hurt, the emptiness i felt
when our three year relationship brutally ended
but i have realized that my heart is a never-ending
producer of love
my love will never stop.
my love has been radiating out of my tired body
and into the hearts of my friends
my family, the ones that are here to help me and love me no matter what
i'm not saying i am hurting any less
because losing you is the hardest heartbreak i've ever had to deal with
but at least i know that through no matter what,
my soul will never stop loving.
i will never be able to give out "too much"
like i thought i had
if there was a limit, then what would love be?
just another norm set by society
the only thing that should rule love is what lies within us
we must have a never-ending supply 
or else love wouldn't be love.
marriage fails because people only give what they think is fair
when love ISN'T fair
Love ISN'T logical.
not only does one have an infinite amount of love to give,
but has the capacity to receive this same infinite love
we trap ourselves into thinking we don't deserve the love we receive
or that we can only "give so much"
which to some extent is true, but the truth is
love is ever-lasting, never gone, and will never die.
love thrives deeper within us
and outlives our frail bodies' by being infinite.
if our supply of love never-ends, then time has no limit to this love, either.
it's all about the soul, what's inside.
it's not physical or rational.
i hate how society has taught me to only give as much as i receive... 
because i have never been able to do that. i've always given more and for some reason felt guilty.
i should always give more and hope that someday the person i love will realize that they have this ability to infinitely direct love my way.
i know i can have this.

No comments: